If your AC breaks down, we know it can be pretty uncomfortable. The first thing you would probably notice is that the room is a lot hotter than usual. If you try to adjust the thermostat, you may find that it doesn’t do anything. You may also hear a strange noise coming from the unit.
There are a few basic things you can do to troubleshoot their air conditioning unit before you call for AC repairs.
- The most important thing is to make sure that the unit is getting power. If the unit is not receiving power, check the circuit breaker or fuse box to make sure that the circuit has not been tripped or blown.
- Another thing to check is the thermostat. Make sure that the thermostat is set to “cool” and that it is set to the correct temperature. If the unit is on but not cooling, there may be something blocking the airflow.
- Check the filters and make sure that they are clean and free of debris. If the filters are clean and the unit is still not cooling, it may be low on refrigerant.
- Additionally, homeowners should check for any blockages in the vents or ductwork.
If you’re still having issues, call AmeriTech Air Conditioning & Heating for AC repair services in Orlando or Maitland, FL, and the surrounding areas!
What are Some of the Most Common Air Conditioning Issues?
1. Improper maintenance—A lack of regular maintenance is the most common reason for air conditioning failure. AC units require periodic cleaning and servicing to ensure proper operation.
2. Lack of refrigerant—If the unit is low on refrigerant, it will not be able to cool properly.
3. Frozen coils—The coils can freeze if the unit is not receiving enough airflow. This can be caused by dirty filters or a blockage in the ductwork.
4. Thermostat problems—If the thermostat is not set properly, the unit will not operate correctly.
5. Electrical issues—AC units require a lot of electricity to operate. If there is a problem with the electrical supply, the unit will not work properly.
6. Mechanical problems—AC units have a lot of moving parts, and any one of them can fail. This can cause the unit to stop working altogether.
If you are having trouble with your air conditioner in Orlando or Maitland, FL, and the surrounding areas, contact AmeriTech Air Conditioning & Heating to have it serviced. Our certified technicians will be able to diagnose and fix the problem quickly and correctly. Call us today for AC repair services!