Returning home to an effective air conditioner after a long summer day can truly change your mood. It can relieve the stress you had during the day and put you back in your comfort zone. Similarly, coming back home to an inefficient AC system can be disheartening.
Sometimes your AC unit may not be blowing enough cool air to cool down the room to the desired temperature. Take expert advice in such cases by scheduling air conditioning repair in Apopka, FL.
Common Reasons Why Your AC Unit Is Not Blowing Enough Cold Air
There may be several reasons why your AC unit is not being able to cool down the room. Some of them may be:
- Broken thermostat: A thermostat device is used to maintain the temperature of a given room. When the thermostat is broken, it does not indicate the correct desired temperatures to cool the room. This may be one of the prime reasons why your home is not cooling efficiently. Replace your broken device with a programmed thermostat unit for a smarter solution.
- Clogged air filters: The air filters of your AC unit are designed to capture the dust and debris so that it doesn’t enter the unit. This ensures good air quality and absorbs the moisture from the room as well. If the air filters are clogged, replace them or wash them immediately. This restricts the airflow and can cause the evaporator coils to freeze as well.
- Incorrect size: If the correct AC size is not installed as per the area of the roo this can lead to man problems. A smaller AC unit will not be able to cool the home efficiently and will use up more energy to get the job done. On the other hand, a larger AC unit will experience shorter cycles and cannot provide justice to the air quality. This is why you must consult some experts to guide you with the appropriate system suitable for your home.
- Dirty condenser: The condenser coil is present near the outdoor unit. The outdoor unit is continuously exposed to a lot of dust, debris, and other particles. This causes the system to overheat and results in dirty condenser coils. To avoid this situation, clean around the outdoor unit of the AC system regularly.
- Clogged drains: The drains of the air conditioner absorb moisture from the air inside the house and release it as water outdoors. The water can sometimes cause the growth of algae and other bacteria, clogging and leaking drains. This deteriorates the performance of your AC unit. In such cases, immediately vacate the house and contact AC repair Maitland FL for assistance.
- Refrigerant leakages: The refrigerant level does not decrease naturally due to overutilization. If you feel that the AC is not cooling efficiently due to low refrigerant levels this is due to some leakage or because there wasn’t enough installed in the first place. Do not attempt a DIY if you are not aware of the technicalities and call in an expert for assistance immediately.