An air conditioning system is essential to keep your home cool and comfortable, especially in summer. If your air conditioner fails, depending on the scheduling and availability, it may take days or weeks for professionals to come to repair it.
On a specific hot summer day, opening the windows or turning on the fan is not enough. The good news is that you can diagnose and repair a broken AC yourself. Let’s have a look at some common problems and solutions to help you resolve your AC problems.
- Check the thermostat settings: Make sure the thermostat is installed and set correctly. Sometimes AC Repair in Apopka, FL, is as simple as learning to set a thermostat correctly. If it is not set correctly, your air conditioner may not work properly.
In this case, hot air is likely to come out of the air-conditioning vent. When the seasons change, it is easy to forget the changes.
- Check the air vents: Make sure all air ducts and vents are clean. If it is blocked by dust or dirt, the air cannot flow normally. So, it is necessary to clean the vents to solve your problem. Things like mold or bugs can affect the normal operation of the air conditioner.
- Change the thermostat batteries: Have you checked the thermostat batteries lately? If you haven’t modified or changed the batteries in a long time, you are probably dealing with a dead battery. Without functioning batteries, the thermostat cannot communicate with the AC unit.
- Check the circuit breaker: The next thing you can try is to inspect the circuit breaker. If the circuit breaker connected to the air conditioner trips, it needs to be reset.
- Replace the air filter: Modern AC systems are sensitive to air filter contamination. If you don’t remember when you changed the filters last time, it is time to change them.
If you’ve tried everything on this list but still have AC issues, you need a professional air conditioning repair in Apopka, FL, to diagnose and repair your device.
When You Need to Call a Professional
- Issues with the AC’s Outdoor unit: If there is a problem with the outdoor unit, do not repair it yourself. Although you can replace the air filter and battery yourself, fixing more complex problems may invalidate your warranty. If there is a problem with the maintenance service, it is best to contact a professional.
- Improper installation of the AC: If you find that the AC is not installed correctly, you should call a professional to reinstall or repair it.
- Unusual noises coming from the AC: Does your air conditioner make loud noises, bangs, or other unknown noises? If these noises come from AC or vents, your problem may be serious. An HVAC expert will help you to understand the problem and find a solution.
Are you looking for commercial AC repair in Orlando? We can help you repair your AC unit at an affordable cost. Contact us at (407) 743-7106 today.